13th International Crop Science Conference & Exhibition (ICSCE 2018) and PMFAI-SML Annual Agchem Awards 2018
19-20 November, 2018 Goa, India
The 13th International Crop Science Conference & Exhibition (ICSCE 2018) organized by Pesticides Manufacturers and Formulators Association of India (PMFAI) took place in Goa, India on 19th and 20th November 2018.
Padma Shri Prof. G.D. Yadav, Vice Chancellor, Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) inaugurated the event on 19th November 2018. The two days event made beginning with warm welcome address by PMFAI President Mr. Pradip Dave. ICSCE is an international platform for Agrochemical/Pesticide companies to develop strategic and sourcing relationships with international pesticide companies and to get updated on current trends in Agrochemical market. ICSCE is an annual international event organized by PMFAI to improve the health of Generic Pesticide Industry and to bring the researchers in the field of agriculture, pesticide manufacturers, agrochemical traders and allied industry under one roof. ICSCE provided opportunity for business expansion by way of joint ventures, bilateral trade, sub-contracting / contract manufacturing and distribution and networking opportunities for buyers and sellers to benefit mutually.
More than 800 registered delegates from industry participated in the event. Total number of visitors to the exhibition including registered delegates were more than 1100 persons from various countries including Australia, Argentina, Brazil, Belgium, China, Chile, Cote d’Ivorie, Egypt, Ethiopia, Europe, France, Germany, India, Iran, Italy, Jordan, Korea, Kazakhstan, Morocco, Nigeria, Russia, South Africa, Sri Lanka, Switzerland, Syria, Turkey, U.S., U.K., United Arab Emirates (UAE) and Vietnam.
The event hosted renowned pesticide scientists and industry experts, who gave presentations on various important topics, brief details of which are as given below:
• Padma Shri Prof. G.D. Yadav, Vice Chancellor of Institute of Chemical Technology (ICT) made presentation on “Use of Green Chemistry in Agrochemicals”;
• Mr. Antoine Vielliard, Global Marketing Director of Solvay India spoke on Drift Control and Deposition Adjuvants;
• Mr. Menno Pointer, Business Development – Agrochemical Business, Bericap India Pvt. Ltd. dealt in importance of Agrochemical Packaging – TRIPLE “S” (Standardization, Safety and Sustainability);
• Dr. Hrushikesh J. Mirgal, R&T Manager, Crop & Health Care, Asia, Croda India Company Pvt. Ltd. made presentation on “Challenges in Formulation”.
• Dr. Thomas Mueller, Managing Director of Scientific Services Pvt. Ltd. conducted a workshop on “European Union – Risks and Opportunities for Plant Protection Products”.
• Mr. Eric Davis, Managing Director, Agribusiness Group, Meister Media Worldwide, USA spoke on “Disruptions in Distribution: Can An “Amazon” Model Work in Agriculture?”
• D. S. Chandrasekhar, Director, CSIR-Indian Institute of Chemical Technology (IICT) made presentation on “Contribution of Organic Chemist in Pharma and Agro”.
• Mr. Filippo Quaglia, Senior Scientist – Agrochemicals Formulations, Lamberti Hydrocolloids Pvt. Ltd. spoke on “Novel & Versatile Natural Sticker for in-can Applications”.
• Mr. Daniel Zweifel, Technical Service and Development Manager for Dow Crop Defense discussed “How to implement Efficient Components in Innovative Crop Protection Formulations”
• Mr. Anil Kakkar, Vice President (Sales & Marketing), Excel Crop Care Ltd. spoke on “Agrochemical Distribution System – Pattern in India”.
• Dr. Ashwini Sandu, Strategic IP Advisor conducted workshop on “Agrochemicals and Patenting”.
Above presentations and workshops greatly helped participants in gaining knowledge on Global Agrochemicals market and emerging trends in Agrochemical business.
With greater participation by key players in Global Agrochemical market, the participants appreciated the event.
FIRST PMFAI-SML AGCHEM AWARDS 2018
Coinciding with ICSCE 2018, the First “PMFAI-SML Annual Agchem Awards 2018” was held on 19th November, 2018 evening at La Calypso, Goa. Institution of this Annual Awards from this year is to recognize and honour outstanding achievements in Indian Agrochemical Industry and remarkable contributions, which helps Sustainable growth of Agriculture.
“PMFAI – SML Agchem Annual Awards” which made remarkable beginning from this year 2018 is sponsored by M/s. Sulphur Mills Limited, one of the globally known leading Indian Agrochemical Company. PMFAI-SML Agchem Awards is first of kind in Indian Agrochemical Industry.
Renowned Scientist and Former Director-General of CSIR – Padma Vibhushan Dr. R.A. Mashelkar is the Chairman of the Award Committee, who supported by independent panel of judges consisting of scientists and professionals scrutinized the award applications to decide winners and runners up in different categories of awards.
Given below are Winners and Runners up in different categories of awards in first PMFAI-SML Agchem Awards 2018.
1. Export Excellence in Large Scale Industry
Winner: Gharda Chemicals Limited
Runner up: Heranba Industries Limited
2. Export Excellence in Medium Scale Industry
Winner: Bhagiradha Chemicals & Industries Ltd.
3. Export Excellence in Small Scale Industry
Winner: Sandhya Organic Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
Runner up: The Scientific Fertiliser Company Pvt. Ltd.
4. Best Emerging Company
Winner: Willowood Chemicals Pvt. Ltd.
Runner up: Insecticides India Limited
5. Best Formulation Innovation
Winner: Sulphur Mills Limited
6. Outstanding Innovation in Crop Solutions
Winner: Rallis India Limited
Runners up: Geolife Agritech India Pvt. Ltd.
7. Company of the year – Large Scale
Winner : Bharat Rasayan Limited
8. Company of the year – Medium Scale
Winner: Spectrum Ethers Limited
9. Outstanding Innovation – Chemical Synthesis
Winner: Gharda Chemicals Limited
10. Social Responsibility Excellence
Winner: Sulphur Mills Limited
Runner up: NACL Industries Limited
11. Innovative Marketing Campaign & Product Development Initiative for Farmers and Traders
Winner : Biostadt India Limited
12. Life Time Achievement Award
Winner: Dr. K. H Gharda, Chairman & Managing Director, Gharda Chemicals Ltd.
13. Excellent Nomination Form
Winner: Excel Crop Care Limited
The Award Function held in the evening on 19th November 2018 was followed by entertainment program, cocktails and dinner reception in which approx. 900 people participated.